I think you will spend 251 seconds reading this post
All entrepreneurs and business owners have many goals when building a business. One of them is to ensure that they are having a sustainable business and lives through any market turbulences and market forces which lead other businesses to fail and close. And to a major extent the focus is to upon business processes.
Hi, I am Dr Maharaja SivaSubramanian N. Blogger, Coach, Consultant, Speaker and Trainer from Chennai, India. In this article I want to share with you, certain insights with reference to business processes for building a sustainable business.
Following are some of the same concepts which we discuss and handle through various techniques and processes in the Business Leadership Bootcamp series.
Goals are effects.
Businesses are always built for various goals. One of them being making it sustainable as in having a cashflow where the business can take care of itself. Now when it comes to all the results which are expected to happen, including productivity, value generation, cash flow, customer delight, market leadership, etc; they are all effects.
Effects as in, where a certain set of triggers need to happen which will lead into the results, i.e., the goals you are seeking through your business.
If you know what motivates your employees, and if you set up the environment and workflow in a way where they will be motivated, you are going to end up creating a motivated workforce.
High business productivity.
When you have a motivated workforce, you are going to have more effectiveness and efficiency in the workflow which is going to result in more productivity.
When you have a inspiring work environment, and your workforce is motivated, and your workflow productivity is at the higher standards, your customer is to a greater extent assured of higher value of service. And that is both directly and indirectly going to lead to customer delight.
The flow just keeps flowing.
I have shared with you above as to how a set of processes is going to bring about customer delight. And yes, it involves a series of systems and processes. Like this, all your business goals is all about buidling a series of systems and processes which are compatible with one another, lead one into another and overall, create a higher value synergy.
Like this set of processes can be created on further and further. And you will get the real success when you take the time to:
- Think through what are the various processes required?
- How do you go ahead and design them?
- Then, go ahead and actually design them.
- Execute the designs with commitment and discipline.
- And from time to time, review and make the processes better.
Working on it further.
And it is in this manner that processes can help you building a sustainable business. So, which business process are you focusing on.
What has been shared in this article is one of the few frameworks that I share with my clients. And also teach through programs like the Business Leadership Bootcamp. Do check it out if it matches your requirement to build a sustainable business.
The work areas.
And when it comes to working on building a sustainable business with special focus on all the business process involved, the following are some of the areas to be worked upon.
- Thoughts, Belief Systems. There are always thoughts, belief systems and ideas behind running of any business. And the same is also true when it comes to the business processes. How many of them are in the space of putting the business process on the path of growth? And how many are deflecting? What is the synergy that is being created?
- Vision, Strategy, Purpose. Clarity and alignment along with room for constant improvement and clear communication to all stakeholders helps big time when it comes to the vision, strategy and purpose of a small business. Working on and setting up systems and processes around the same also helps in terms of realigning and getting back to focus of growth whenever any distraction or disruption happens.
- Identify and shorten the gap. There is always a gap between what is in the business and what needs to be in the actual result expected. And what is it that will fill the gap? It may actually be a business process or a set of business processes. And that is where it is important to identify the gap and then shorten it.
In case if you will like to have professional support from me, in the above and will like to know more about how I can help you achieve your dreams into your reality, then do drop in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp to +91-9841118294.
Kindly do share your care.
If you feel any of your friends, family or contacts need to see this article, do share it with them. And a request for an act of random kindness. Do share this article in possible social media so that it benefits another individual.